Monday, 2 June 2014

Dementia and Imagination - Introduction

Dementia and Imagination is an exciting new research project led by Bangor University, seeking to understand the impact of visual arts interventions for people living with dementia.  The research is based in three geographical regions; North Wales, North West/Midlands and North East England.  

I am the North East Research Artist, working with a team of two researchers from Newcastle University, two Intervention Artists and Equal Arts in four care home settings around the NE region through to summer 2015.  My remit is to observe, question and challenge the research process to inform work which I will make in response for public exhibition during 2015/16.

I am thrilled to be part of this exciting AHRC funded project and will be updating my progress as time goes on.

IMAGE: Phyllis Christopher

No comments: